After a fun-filled, action-packed day on the mountain, we don’t think that there’s anything better than to come back to the mouth-watering aroma of a home-baked cake and the promise of a delicious five-course meal. It’s why we take food and drink very seriously in our chalets!
We are true foodies at heart, and you can expect the very best in treats for your stay. If you’ve ever stayed with us before you’ll know that our talented chefs and chalet hosts pride themselves on their top-notch food and service, and we love to get praise from happy, well-fed guests at the end of the week.
Alpine Plus Chalet Service
An alpine chalet is as comfortable as a ‘home-from-home’, but far better! Alpine Plus is an enhanced level of service, reserved for our chalets and you’ll get our Signature five course menus as well as our free activities and our free bike upgrades offered for all chalets .
Our service includes:
- Bubbly reception and canapés on arrival night
- Breakfast each day (7 days) with hot options on 3 days
- Afternoon tea, coffee & hot chocolate with freshly baked cakes or biscuits (6 days)
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapés (6 nights)
- Our Signature five course menus (6 nights)
- Specially selected red & white wines with dinner, unlimited until dessert.
- After dinner coffee, choccies and Port
- Welcome bathroom toiletries
- Specially trained hosts to look after you
- FREE Active Pack for all your activities
- FREE Bike Upgrade for our chalets only
- Bike mechanics to keep things rolling
- Active Reps to help organise your week of fun
- Active Kids Clubs (4-12yrs) at our main hotels
Alpine Elements Chalet Service
All our chalets run our Alpine Plus service and our chalet hosts win praise galore from guests! We hand-pick our staff for their vibrant and friendly natures and they’ll always be on hand to ensure your holiday runs smoothly. They will lay out breakfast each morning, bake cakes or biscuits for afternoon tea; and in the evenings they’ll tease your taste buds with pre-dinner drinks and canapés as part of a delicious five-course menu. It’s all accompanied by free-flowing wines until dessert, followed by coffee, choccies and port as your fifth course. All this is served on six nights of your stay, leaving you free to explore the local restaurants on staff night off.
Our hosts will clean the chalet public areas each day (except staff days off) and generally help and look after you as best they can. For reasons of privacy, we do not do a daily bedroom clean and en-suite bathrooms are cleaned once a week, midweek.
Alpine Elements Hotel Service
Our exclusive hotels operate our Classic hotel service and we pride ourselves in creating a relaxed but professional atmosphere with a diligent team always on hand to help in any way they can. We will serve breakfast each morning with yummy cooked options most days; and freshly made cakes or biscuits as you return from the lakes and mountains. In the evenings, we serve a delicious three course evening meal, which is à la carte..
For one day a week, our hardworking staff take a day off, so our hotels are only partly staffed. The activities run as normal and a hearty continental breakfast is still provided. For dinner, you are free to explore the local restaurants.
Sample Chalet Menu
Take a look at our sample chalet menus. Warning - this may make your mouth water.
Pre-dinner drinks & Canapés
- A Prosecco aperitif (or similar) accompanied by:
- Chicken liver parfait with onion jam, or
- Stuffed peppers with goat’s cheese, or
- Bacon-wrapped fruit
- Broccoli and Courgette Soup
- Garlic Mushroom Crostini
- Bowl of carrot and coriander soup
- Pork Terrine on Melba Toast with Fig Jam
- Chicken breast, stuffed with Boursin, wrapped in Jambon Cru with Roast Potatoes, Savoy Cabbage and White Wine Sauce
- Boeuf Bourguignon, Hassleback Potatoes, Broccoli
- Savoyard Tartiflette, Green Salad, Charcuterie
- Duck Confit, Rosemary Mashed Potato, Pan Fried Courgettes, Red Wine Jus
- Luxury Fish Trio Pie, Pea Puree, Green Beans
- Chocolate Brownie with Ice Cream and Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Lemon cheesecake with a fruit coulis
- Apple and Berry Crumble
- Tart au Citron, Raspberry Sorbet
- A pot of freshly-brewed coffee and chocolates with a glass of port
Vegetarian and other special diets can be accommodated so long as you don't turn up without prior warning and expect gastronomic genius!