One thing you’ll need is a good quality, well sorted bike to ride when holidaying in the Alps. And this is the reason we put a lot of care and attention into our bike fleet. As a veritable ‘mountain bike heaven’ – the Alps have some seriously great rides, and not just for the experts… One thing’s for sure - whether you’re a complete newcomer or a family looking for a (very) fun day out, then you’re going to want to give it a go!
Hire bikes come included (for free) with your holiday, either for 3 or 6 days, (depending on which property you’re staying in, excluding self catered properties). Our bike fleet is new (2016-18) and full of high quality bikes in all sizes. They’re perfect for valley floor trail riding, resort pottering and some lift assisted Green trails of the ‘not-so-steep’ variety.
If biking is a big part of your holiday and you want to use the high altitude, lift assisted trails then we’d advise you to get a well sorted full suspension bike, like our ‘Enduro Evo’ below. In Tignes and Val ‘D we recommend a Full Sus’ bike for ALL lift assisted trails, Green and above.
Your Free Bike Hire: Specialized Pitch (2017/18)
- Free to use for 3 days of your holiday (excludes self-catered properties)
- Free to use for 6 days of your holiday in Hotel Gelinotte, Chalet Ardoisieres or Chalet Charlie
- Free 3 day hire can be upgraded to 6 days from only £49.
- To Book: ask our sales team or book on-line
A versatile bike that’ll soak up the valley floor trails and the gentler Green runs and be equally at home on a family bike ride pottering around the lake or along the river. With a light-weight aluminium frame, front suspension and performance-driven parts, these bikes are the perfect steed for an alpine adventure and their quality of construction will give you the confidence to ride gentle off road trails and mountain paths. We do not recommend using this bike for any lift-assisted trails in Val D’Isere or Tignes and only for a selection of the easier Greens in Morzine and Les Gets.
- Quick Spec’: Front fork: 100mm | 27.5" wheels | Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Suitable Use: Light use on Green Trails & Valley Floor trails
*We use 2016-18 Specialized Pitch 650b bikes, or similar.
Kids Hire Bikes Specialized Rip Rock (2017-18)*
> For ages 6+. Other models available for ages 4-5yr
> Upgrade your free child bike hire to the superb RipRock
> All 3 day hire packs can be upgraded to 6 days from only £59.
> To Book: Add this extra when booking online, or ask our sales team
A proper little mountain bike for ages 6+. Bikes with oversize tyres are all the rage at the moment and they’re ideal for kids to build confidence on trails. Purpose-built for fun, no matter how your little one decides to ride it, the Rip Rock features a pair of Specialized's new ultra-wide tyres and comfortable, confident geometry, smiles are going to be guaranteed. That’s because the big tyres and 24-inch wheels provide heaps of traction, control and confidence.
*We use 2016-18 Specialized Rip Rock bikes, or similar. Kids under 5 or 6yrs may have a more basic child’s bike.
Free Road Bikes Specialized Allez E5 (2016-18)*
- To replace your standard (Free) bike hire
- Free to use for 3 days of your holiday (All catered holidays)
- Free to use for 6 days of your holiday in Hotel Gelinotte, Chalet Ardoissiers or Chalet Charlie
- Free 3 day hire can be upgraded to 6 days from only £49.
- To Book: Add this extra when booking online, or ask our sales team
If you're keen to stretch your road cycling legs, this is the best place to start. The Allez' premium alloy frame is built for versatility, combining sturdy, confident handling with the rocket-like feeling of a race bike. And for durability, it includes a FACT carbon fork and a reliable Claris group set.
*We use 2016-18 Specialized Allez bikes, or similar. Adults only and limited in stock
‘Pro Bike’ Hire: Specialized Enduro Evo (2018)*
> Exceptional Cross country & Freeride bike
> Sizes S, M and Large
> Come fully serviced and set up for you
> Available to book in all resorts but limited
> To Book: Add this Extra when booking online, or ask our sales team
If you want to discover the lift-assisted trails and get the most out of the local bike terrain, then whatever your ability - we recommend hiring a full suspension bike like the Evo. This speed loving trail bike will comfortably soak up the bumps, berms, banks and small jumps on all trails, Green to Black. Its independent full suspension frame will have you riding smoothly and improving your skills in double quick time.
Our mechanics are resident at our main hotels and are on hand to ensure you get properly set up on your bike and that it comes fully tuned and serviced for your first day. They will also fit any SPD pedals or special saddles that you choose to bring with you.
Refer to our hire bike terms.
> Quick Spec’: Front fork: 160mm | 29" wheels | Hydraulic Disc Brakes
> Suitable Use: For all riders (novice and upwards) and for use on all trails.
*We use 2018 model Specialized Enduro Evo bikes, or similar.
Baby Bike Trailers
- 1 or 2 seat child trailer that converts easily to stroller
- Detachable 6" front fixed or swivel plastic wheel and EVA tire
- Silver anodized aluminum frame with foldable tow bar that connects to bicycle frame
- Push bar includes foam grip and safety wrist strap
- Quick release 20" rear alloy wheels
- All-season top cover with safety screen
- £49 for 6 days hire in all resorts
If you want to discover the beautiful views of the alps and take your little one with you then take one of our Baby Bike Trailers with you! Enjoy your family bike ride and take up to two children in the back of this bike trailer.
We may use different models and brands in different resorts.
Electric Bike Hire: Scott E-Spark 720
- 3 hours run-time on TURBO
- 4-6 hours on multi-settings
- Hardtail E-bikes available
- Come fully serviced and set up for you
- Available to book in Morzine & Les Gets. Limited.
- To Book: Add this Extra when booking online, or ask our sales team
A mountain bike revolution. Ride up the steepest hills with the minimum of effort and discover otherwise impossible-to-reach trails and ride the Alps without the need for a lift pass.
The SCOTT E-Spark 710 Plus applies proven electric assist technology to a capable off-road package. Powered by the all NEW Shimano STEPS drive system, and in unison with our patented TwinLoc technology, the E-Spark 710 Plus brings another element to the mountains. Trails will never look the same. Available in the 27.5" wheel size. The bike also uses extra wide tyres (approx 3.5") which are almost like motorbike tyres and really help grip and smooth riding.
- Quick Spec’: Front fork: 160mm | 29" wheels | Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Suitable Use: For all riders (novice and upwards) and for use on all trails