The French Alps have long been a favourite holiday destination for British visitors. The grandeur of arguably one of the most beautiful mountain ranges on earth draws hundreds of thousands of skiers and alpiners to its lofty peaks each year. Even if you skied there every winter for the rest of your life you could not hope to discover all of its secrets.
From the picturesque rustic alpine hamlets to the mighty Chamonix the choices laid out for you are vast. There are more than one hundred fantastically groomed resorts. France is very safety conscious; the trails are all graded from easy greens, to blues, then reds with black being only for the very experienced.
They are all meticulously checked to prevent injury and the ski-instructors are of an incredibly high standard. It is perfect beginner ski and intermediate territory with some formidable off-piste.
At A Glance
- Great for all levels of skiiers and snowboarders!
- Great lift serviced off-piste for all levels (guides available)
- Lots of good quality bars, nightclubs and shopping
- Charming Alpine villages
- Large Ski Areas
- Tasteful village atmosphere in the resort centre
- More to do than just ski!